A Couple Tips and a Question
Happy Sunday Forever Team....
I hope all of you and your families are staying safe and healthy. Over the last week I have had several questions from clients so I thought I would share.
1) How do I cook frozen vegetables so they are not SOGGY?
First and foremost - frozen veggies ARE nutritious!!!
I find that steaming veggies in the microwave or in a tiny bit of water on the stove works well. My favorite method of cooking frozen vegetables is ROASTING in the oven at 400 degrees. I spritz with a little olive oil and shake the pan several times during cooking. (be sure to thaw them first)
2) HELP, I feel like my kids are snacking all day long.....
I will be writing a whole blog on this topic but my best tip is to stick to a "loose" eating schedule rather than having a daily graze fest! Try to prepare snacks that pair carbohydrates with a protein or healthy fat. This helps to keep us full and stabilize blood sugar. A few examples: dip pretzels in humus or yogurt, spoon high fiber cereal into greek yogurt, spread some peanut butter on an apple and cheese and crackers.
3) Many people are struggling with eating lunch at home
Hands down, my best "oldie but goodie" tip in regard to lunch is to PACK YOUR LUNCH in the morning and put it in the fridge. Yup.... it works! Packing lunch in the morning will help to avoid the daily grazing that sometimes occurs when we are working from home.
4) Can you can freeze avocado?
Yes you can!! Simply peel the avocado, cut in half and cube. Freeze the avocado cubes on a cookie sheet and store in single serving bags. Frozen avocado can be tossed into a smoothie or mashed into guacamole.
4) This isn't a question but I wanted to share my favorite "grab" in the produce section - BROCCOLI SLAW! I love this stuff and toss it into everything, from salads to tuna to stir fries. TIP: Take the slaw out of the bag and store in a bowl covered with a damp paper towel. This will help to keep it fresh for a longer period of time.
QUESTION for all of you.
What topics would you like me to cover on the blog? Please share them in the comments section. I want to be a source of trusted nutrition during this time of so much uncertainty!
#healthyfamily #kids #NutritionAdvice #feedingkids #FamilyHealth #HealthySnacks