I had a little time between clients today and decided to play around with a recipe in the kitchen. These brownies are moist, delicious and have a secret ingredient in them that may just surprise you - CHICKPEAS!!
Blender Chickpea Brownies
1 1/2 cup drained and rinsed canned chickpeas
3 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup almond butter (I used chocolate Barney Butter)
1/3 cup milk (plant based milks work well also)
4 Tbs maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Line an 8x8 brownie pan with parchment paper
Preheat oven to 350
1) Add the chickpeas, cocoa powder, almond butter, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and baking powder to food processor (I used my blender) and process until smooth
2) Slowly mix in almond flour and process until smooth.
3) Add brownie mix to pan and smooth until even. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
4) Bake until top springs back when touched. About 35 minutes
5) Wrap well and freeze leftovers.
You could certainly play around with this recipe by adding nuts, craisins etc... or use peanut butter.